National change This quick, two page, interactive report is downloadable or just read on…
Fathers must turn their hearts to their children. Fathers need a heart-fix for their children and the children of the community. No child should be left behind because a healthy, dedicated man is absent. But they are. They are left behind every day in academic achievement, social skills, peace of mind, behavioral stability and financial provision. This is not right.
In a community meeting sponsored by a government agency, the focus turned to promoting legislation that would impact families. There was no thought of a positive or pro-family approach. This group is ready to spend hundreds of thousands of community dollars to limit fathers’ involvement with their children and block effective family stability. I was stunned and wept as I thought, “Who is really making this real for legislators? Who is turning their hearts to the power of fathers and family?” We must prevail. We must.
Great news, the gifts we received this year changed individual lives and community morality. That’s right, at CTI priority goes to efforts that hammer both. We must change the family environment in our nation.
Divorce and disease, abortion and abandonment, addictions and abuse all plague in abounding proportion. Our nation needs help. Generational solutions must be applied. You and I do it, together. It does not happen without your support.
2013 – It takes time. It takes dollars. It takes tenacity.
- Prayermetro after 10 solid years of community wide involvement makes a daring move to engage deeply in fatherless areas and legislator impact as the Community Transformation Initiative.
- 1061 men are reached face to face in the OKC community across denominations and cultural delineations with a goal to reach 500. Effective engagement with Tabitha Baptist, Eagles’ Crest, Life Church NW, Life Church Edmond, Integris Men’s Health Fair, East Zion District Men’s Association, Tulakes Elementary. We reached double our goal.
- Established education based outreach in at risk schools with 90%+ fatherless homes.
Established congregation based outreach in at risk zones of 50%+ fatherless.
3400 legislators in 33 states are pinged weekly during session. This is up from 1200 in 13 states in 2012. Our email in-basket fills with “chaplaincy” requests for prayer every week.
- Hundreds of thousands were reached through effective “FRONT PAGE” features in the Oklahoman and NEWSOK.com.
- The online and social media engine engages thousands of touches every week .
- Served as a faith-based organization representative on the Oklahoma Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Our simple launch budget was met through a few regular monthly donors and a few special gift donors.
“Opportunities are multiplied as they are seized.” Sun Tzu
- Extend effectively with significant increase in Watch DOGS programs that are community sponsored in at risk school districts.
- Publish new book and new Dad’s University curriculum “Are You A Dad?” based on research, scriptural wisdom, community feedback, and positive principles.
- Triple the budget to get physical office space open, administrative
assistance, engage more volunteers and active community leaders, keep the fire burning hot, update legislators on effective ways to promote fathering and families.
- Extend effectively with current partnerships and building partnerships. East OKC outreach to 18-35 year old men. South Oklahoma / North Texas Father’s Day Weekend, more to come
What will it take? Vision 2014
- 100 Regular Monthly Supporters at $40 a month can enable daily operations.
- 10 Special Supporter at $2,500 can enable extention into new education and community programs.
- 5 Key supporters at $5,000 can get new curriculum published and distributed.
- 2 Outstanding Supporters at $10,000 can get legislators updated with family friendly approaches and information.
- Special East OKC Project for May needs $40,000!
- Special South Oklahoma / North Texas Project for June needs $40,000
“Are you a dad?”
Where do you fit in 2014? You can make a great start happen for us through prioritizing your end of year giving to Community Transformation Initiative. What you have given has worked. It will continue to work. That is our commitment and promise.