I read this with mixed emotion. The tale of criminal involvement and double children by two mothers is too common. The fact that he’s moving forward is good. comments? http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/nyregion/handling-lifes-surprises-with-his-fathers-spirit.html
A studied approach to scripture gives great faith in Community Transformation. Jesus was a transformer. Paul was a transformer. Moses was a transformer. Hezekiah was a transformer. We are called to transform our society to look and act like the Kingdom of God. Fill out the info below and I’ll email you a copy of Principles of Transformation – No Leader Before or After. Over 52 examples from business, community, government over centuries are given wrapped around a study of Hezekiah’s action plan. Of Hezekiah, it is written no leader before or after matched his leadership.
Every giver in the next 60 days (Dec 23-Feb23, 2014) will receive a printed copy of the book. The Giving Page
Fill out this form for an electronic version.
“Fathers do matter. You can have a profound impact on your child’s life, even if you’re not living with them,” Fornari said. “If you are living with them, be sure that you’re actively engaged. Just being present isn’t enough. Make sure you have dinner with your kids. I understand people have busy schedules, but if you don’t have time for dinner together most nights, when do you have time to interact?”
“As far as Phil is concerned, he was literally born again. Old Phil—the guy with the booze and the pills—died a long time ago, and New Phil sees no need to apologize for him: “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?””
My thoughts: This is a great interview. It appears honest and reflective. Though the author is not Christian, he appears to give Phil an honest reflection. Phil’s honesty is refreshing and gives his family a stick in the ground on which they can depend. Every father should be clear and open with his beliefs to his children and his community. Maybe we all don’t need to be as blunt. But, hey, a few blunt folks keep us all honest. What do you think?
Fathers and mothers should pay deep attention to this article
Is it Normal to have Trouble Paying Attention? | Psychology Today http://ow.ly/rRi6n
Fathers must turn their hearts to their children. Fathers need a heart-fix for their children and the children of the community. No child should be left behind because a healthy, dedicated man is absent. But they are. They are left behind every day in academic achievement, social skills, mental peace, behavioral stability, and financial provision. This is not right.
In a community meeting sponsored by a government agency, the focus turned to promoting legislation that would impact families. There was no thought of a positive or pro-family approach. This group is ready to spend hundreds of thousands of community dollars to limit fathers’ involvement with their children and block effective family stability. I was stunned and wept as I thought, “Who is really making this real for legislators? Who is turning their hearts to the power of fathers and family?” We must prevail. We must. GIVE NOW!
Great news, the gifts we received this year changed individual lives and community morality. That’s right, at CTI priority goes to efforts that hammer both. We must change the family environment in our nation.
Divorce and disease, abortion and abandonment, addictions and abuse all plague in abounding proportion. Our nation needs help. Generational solutions must be applied. You and I do it, together. It does not happen without your support.
- Prayermetro after 10 solid years of community wide involvement makes a daring move to engage deeply in fatherless areas and legislator impact as the Community Transformation Initiative.
- 1061 men are reached face to face in the OKC community across denominations and cultural delineations with a goal to reach 500. Effective engagement with Tabitha Baptist, Eagles’ Crest, Life Church NW, Life Church Edmond, Integris Men’s Health Fair, East Zion District Men’s Association, Tulakes Elementary. We reached double our goal.
- Established education based outreach in at risk schools with 90%+ fatherless homes.
- Established congregation based outreach in at risk zones of 50%+ fatherless.
- 3400 legislators in 33 states are pinged weekly during session. This is up from 1200 in 13 states in 2012. Our email in-basket fills with “chaplaincy” requests for prayer every week.
- Hundreds of thousands were reached through effective “FRONT PAGE” features in the Oklahoman and NEWSOK.com.
- The online and social media engine engages thousands of touches every week .
- Served as a faith-based organization representative on the Oklahoma Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Our simple launch budget was met through a few regular monthly donors and a few special gift donors.
“Are you a dad?”
NOW WE NEED TO GROW! VISION 2014
“Opportunities are multiplied as they are seized.” Sun Tzu
- Extend effectively with significant increase in Watch DOGS programs that are community sponsored in at risk school districts GIVE NOW!
- Publish new book and new Dad’s University curriculum “Are You A Dad?” Based on research, scriptural wisdom, community feedback, and positive principles.
- Extend effectively with current partnerships and building partnerships. East OKC outreach to 18-35 year old men. South Oklahoma / North Texas Father’s Day Weekend, joint program with Cooke County Texas District Attorney, more to come
- Triple the budget to get physical office space open, administrative assistance, engage more volunteers and active community leaders, keep the fire burning hot, update legislators on effective ways to promote fathering and families.
What will it take? Vision 2014
- 100 Regular Monthly Supporters at $40 a month can enable daily operations.
- 10 Special Supporters at $2,500 can enable extension into new education and community programs.
- 5 Key supporters at $5,000 can get new curriculum published and distributed.
- 2 Outstanding Supporters at $10,000 can get legislators updated with family friendly approaches and information.
- Special East OKC Project for May needs $40,000!
- Special South Oklahoma / North Texas Project for June needs $40,000
- Special Jesus House project for men in recovery and their children needs $8,000.
Where do you fit in 2014? You can make a great start happen for us through prioritizing your end- of-year giving to Community Transformation Initiative. What you have given has worked. It will continue to work. That is our commitment and promise.
FearlessInvestorsReportDec2013 pdf version
1.100% of first year budget raised
- Luncheon and tournament
- Sponsoring group for Gainesville
- Light monthly support
- A few Title Sponsors
2. Established ongoing projects in North, South, East, West and Gainesville
- Tabitha – African American community – East OKC
- Tulakes Elementary – 97% Fatherless School – North OKC
- Epperly Heights Elementary – 97% Fatherless School – South OKC
- Eagles’ Crest – Multicultural community – West OKC
- Hope Connection – Multicultural community – Gainesville, Texas
3. All three outreaches of WatchDOGS, Dad’s University, FEARLESS Catalyst Weekends are working
- Ramping up for online version of Dad’s University in two four week sessions
- Established training cooperative with PREP for On My Shoulders to be offered out of Dad’s University
- Fearless successful in West and East OKC – East OKC catalyst weekend is May 3rd, Gainesville catalyst weekend is Fathers Day, June 14th
- WatchDOGS building in North and South OKC..more commitments are coming
4. Good connections with
- National Center for Fathering
- The Mentoring Project
- Life Church NorthWest
- International Pentecostal Holiness Church
- St. John’s Missionary Baptist
- East Zion Men’s District Association
- SALLT –Women’s Dignity
- Jesus House
- Prep, Inc