“Moreover, the violent crime rate in the United States has been nearly cut in half since 1991, yet the prison population continues to climb. This unique and counterintuitive situation has many causes but one result: lots of people in prison.” Responding to Mass Incarceration June 12, 2017
“A Wall Street Journal analysis shows that since the 1990s, sparsely populated counties have replaced large cities as America’s most troubled areas by key measures of socioeconomic well-being—a decline that’s accelerating.” Rural America is the New Inner City
These trends can be broken one community at a time with your support and local, compassionate provision of key education and coaching.
SOLUM cracks the puzzle. Thank you for contributing and being the solution. For three and a half years your support allows us to work directly with the probationary population of Cooke County, Texas to develop reliable and consistent methods of stabilizing fractured families. Those methods are ready to be packaged and distributed across the U.S.A.
At the core of much of this angst is the abandonment of families by fathers. 41% of our children grow up without dad at home. 41% of the children being born today are being born into unmarried situations. It is not hard to understand the first number will rise beyond belief due to the second number. The result is a violent and uncivil situation. There is a solution. You are the solution giver.
Why does our solution together with you work?
- Resources are taken where resources are scarce. Outside the metro zones there are few resources to help fractured families. There is a huge vacuum of needed workers and counselors. Families have to travel over an hour to find help. We go where others leave.
- Approaches are research and evidence based. Proven approaches and materials are integrated.
- High accountability is administered over an extended time frame developing consistency of personal practice for recipients.
- Faith based hope and compassion are core to every interaction. Prayer covers your work at SOLUM. We care genuinely for each and every person and give dignity and excellence in service.
When you have a few minutes update yourself on how you have helped through SOLUM in 2016 at Results. There are some incredible stories included so you can see the real impact of your support.
How do we put your dollars to work to make it happen for fractured families?
- 90 day intensive Life Skills workshops based on CBT and trauma principles. CBT is the consistent approach that assists with depression, anxiety, and addictions. Our grads report decreased anger, better life management, and complete their probations.
- 90 day intensive parenting workshops with a CBT and trauma base. Our grads build more stable homes.
- 120 day intensive Life Skills and relationship workshops in high schools and for pretrial diversion.
- Mental Health First Aid training for the community leaders.
Whom do you serve through SOLUM? Every time we touch a family together with you, another generation gets a better chance forward.
- Adult and teen probationers and parolees and their children.
- Families of origination where children have been taken into state foster custody.
- Pretrial diversion for light offenders.
Thank you for your love for others.
Contact me anytime.
Phil Larson, Director 405.388.8037 firstname.lastname@example.org
This current article like so many looks on the dark side.
It is real, but so is the good will of people in counties like Cooke County, Texas, where SOLUM works on a fresh model of community transformation. It is real across America. And we have constant opportunity to do bigger bigs and greater greats to set a new standard for rural America outside the metro.