Home » Community Transformation
Category Archives: Community Transformation
Oklahoma City Metro
This is a great opportunity to show yourself strong.
MHFA is for you. You need it. Your friends need you to have it. your family needs you to have it. Get registered. Power up meeting on Nov 11th at the Commons in OKC. FREE meeting.
Special pricing available for onsite training after this event for ministers and church workers because I want you to make the difference.
Certified Trainer: Phil Larson, the think dr.
Fixing Fracture Families
Life Long Dads. Kids Need ‘Em.
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” Mahatma Ghandi
Pushing into uncharted waters is frightening and fulfilling. Explorers, pioneers, and change agents look for adventure and results. Adventure for the sake of adventure is expensive. Adventure for the sake of results is life.
When I look over the progress of the creation of the SOLUM Community, there are days I can despair. Goals govern growth. How do we, you and us together, do with the goals?
When I look over the progress of the creation of the SOLUM Community, there are days I jump for joy. Results count. How do we, you and us together, do with the results?
This vision is simple Fixing Fractured Families and Life Long Dads. Kids Need ‘Em. Those to statements drive us every day. Families can be fixed. The greatest medicine is a life long dad.
Families are fixed every day. It is what YOU do. By the hundreds, families are fixed every day. They final moral integrity, personal responsibility, and community accountability through Solid Life Foundations, Healthy and Safe Relationships, and build Generations of Greatness. Those are catch phrases, those are guiding lights of laser to keep us on track with power results.
You make it happen. You are the trigger. Whether you mentor in a workshop or encourage our team or give financially, YOU ARE THE CHANGE. Thank you.
Read, listen or do both to our annual view of the world and solutions in motion status.
Thank you for changing lives.
A frank discussion with Anesha Alexandria over unity and engaging disenfranchised community.
“Moreover, the violent crime rate in the United States has been nearly cut in half since 1991, yet the prison population continues to climb. This unique and counterintuitive situation has many causes but one result: lots of people in prison.” Responding to Mass Incarceration June 12, 2017
“A Wall Street Journal analysis shows that since the 1990s, sparsely populated counties have replaced large cities as America’s most troubled areas by key measures of socioeconomic well-being—a decline that’s accelerating.” Rural America is the New Inner City
These trends can be broken one community at a time with your support and local, compassionate provision of key education and coaching.
SOLUM cracks the puzzle. Thank you for contributing and being the solution. For three and a half years your support allows us to work directly with the probationary population of Cooke County, Texas to develop reliable and consistent methods of stabilizing fractured families. Those methods are ready to be packaged and distributed across the U.S.A.
At the core of much of this angst is the abandonment of families by fathers. 41% of our children grow up without dad at home. 41% of the children being born today are being born into unmarried situations. It is not hard to understand the first number will rise beyond belief due to the second number. The result is a violent and uncivil situation. There is a solution. You are the solution giver.
Why does our solution together with you work?
- Resources are taken where resources are scarce. Outside the metro zones there are few resources to help fractured families. There is a huge vacuum of needed workers and counselors. Families have to travel over an hour to find help. We go where others leave.
- Approaches are research and evidence based. Proven approaches and materials are integrated.
- High accountability is administered over an extended time frame developing consistency of personal practice for recipients.
- Faith based hope and compassion are core to every interaction. Prayer covers your work at SOLUM. We care genuinely for each and every person and give dignity and excellence in service.
When you have a few minutes update yourself on how you have helped through SOLUM in 2016 at Results. There are some incredible stories included so you can see the real impact of your support.
How do we put your dollars to work to make it happen for fractured families?
- 90 day intensive Life Skills workshops based on CBT and trauma principles. CBT is the consistent approach that assists with depression, anxiety, and addictions. Our grads report decreased anger, better life management, and complete their probations.
- 90 day intensive parenting workshops with a CBT and trauma base. Our grads build more stable homes.
- 120 day intensive Life Skills and relationship workshops in high schools and for pretrial diversion.
- Mental Health First Aid training for the community leaders.
Whom do you serve through SOLUM? Every time we touch a family together with you, another generation gets a better chance forward.
- Adult and teen probationers and parolees and their children.
- Families of origination where children have been taken into state foster custody.
- Pretrial diversion for light offenders.
Thank you for your love for others.
Contact me anytime.
Phil Larson, Director 405.388.8037 email@example.com
This current article like so many looks on the dark side.
It is real, but so is the good will of people in counties like Cooke County, Texas, where SOLUM works on a fresh model of community transformation. It is real across America. And we have constant opportunity to do bigger bigs and greater greats to set a new standard for rural America outside the metro.