2016 surprised me. SOLUM hit our 2017 goals in 2016. Achieving a 244% growth of high influence impact from 2014 is huge. Development. 2016 exploded with continuing success in fixing fractured families across the nation. We did what we said we were going to do to change the fathering and family landscape of Texas and the nation. Think EFFECTIVENESS.
- Developed and delivered Life Skills training in three 10 week 20 hour classes to 83 probationers with excellent results in anger management, better family interactions, and better workplace and community lifestyle.
- Delivered Family Builders parenting skills training with 25 probationers and community people.
- Published and distributed By Grace, a study of intentional methods of community interaction for faith organizations Available on Amazon in both print and kindle.
- Hosted a community wide concert and picnic for St James CME rebuild in the hard district of Gainesville.
- Published over 30,000 character encouragement devotions to 3200 legislators in 34 states and 750 local leaders in Oklahoma.
- Continue to reach thousands weekly through facebook, twitter, linkedin, and website.
- Trained and released 3 associate leaders in youth and adult programs assisting with workshops.
- Developed and delivered a preventative youth and family camp in conjunction with the Texas Dept of Juvenile Justice to 38 local residents featuring parent communications and youth resiliency.
- Added Department of Family Services support for parents of origination in cases of youth in foster care under state mandated conservatorship due to abuse or severe neglect.
- Met and informed hundreds of business leaders via Chamber of Commerce breakfasts, Rotary, Lions, etc..
- Watch DOGS launched in first elementary in Gainesville.
- Youth outreach launched effectively with Cooke County Juvenile Justice
- Anger Management curriculum coordinated using Celebrate Recovery foundations and Dr. Stosney’s nationally acclaimed evidence based Core Value Workshop and Compassion Power.
- Rejoiced with United Way as a continuing contributor.
- Received a significant grant from Jasco, Inc that includes a matching grant of $20,000 for first time givers in 2017.
- 80% of the probationers in Cooke County are completing probation against a national average of 37%. We love doing our part to make it work.
Be a part of something big. Your contribution makes a difference. Think IMPACT. Each of those people represents a family and an extended family. I find that most people influence a minimum of 15 others. Do the math. Parenting (25), Life Skills (83), Books (100), Legislators (3200), Leaders (750), Texas Leaders (38) = 4196 x15 = 62,940 families impacted. Some deeper than others. Some we teach for months, some one time. All impacts the community. Think INFLUENCE.
Every bit of this was accomplished on a dime and a dare. Our volunteer base gets the job done. We don’t do this because we have great funding. We do this because it is the right thing to do and the right time to do it. 2017 should be the year to move out of part-time. That is your decision to make.
- Would you like us to expand anger management, parenting and father and couples and life skills training and reach ten times the families in Cooke County, Texas?
- Would you like us to do more dvd and online training to reach the nation?
- Would you like us to develop elementary school based programs to reach men and families in Texas?
- Would you like us to get to legislators in all 50 states and move that number to 8000?
- Would you like to help us plant a vibrant congregation in Gainesville to sustain impact in families after training?
- Do you understand the power of personal discipleship and have a vision to help us extend that into more people?
Sure you do. This is what I need you to do. Give. Give liberally. Give your way. Some like to give once a year after tallying up the profits. Some like to give alongside bonuses. Some like to give every month. We need all of that.
Fathers are getting more engaged. Families are being reunited. Individuals choose a better life. Communities transform. Legislators receive encouragement to wise, character action.
Need a suggestion? Think TRANSFORMATION!
- Give $50 a month as a Family Builder.
- Give $100 a month as a Community Builder.
- Give $2500 to sponsor one Life Skills class with 15 probationers and be a Recovery Champion.
- Give $5000 to support volunteer training in all areas and be a Community Champion.
- Give $10,000 to enable us to acquire right staff and get school based programs underway and be a National Champion.
- Give $50,000 to support documentation and training for ten other communities to begin the same impact across the United States and be a Family Champion.
Do it now. Do it.
Thanks for all you do,
Director and Servant to Fathers and Families
There are five areas in which we promote moral integrity, personal responsibility, and community accountability.
- Leadership : Workshops for Leaders
- Life Skills : Workshops for social skills, problem solving, and thinking
- Family: Workshops for parenting and family
- Youth: Workshops for relationship, problem solving, and thinking.
- Mentoring/Discipleship: 1-1 face time with intentional personal and spiritual development.
The chart to the side shows that in North Texas from 2014 to 2016 we grew from impacting 59 families to 91 to 171. That is a 200% growth rate in three years. When you look at hours of face to face time we grew from 860 to 1500 to 2964 for a 244% growth rate in three years.
In three years, we reached 321 families which connect with an average of 15 other people for an impact of 4800 in a county of 43,000. Just through SOLUM (not counting the church plant of Hope Connection), we have reached the goal cultural tipping point of 4730 (11%) with face to face, high impact workshops.
Building better futures.