Using the research and evidence based curriculum, On My Shoulders, you have the opportunity to build a powerful parent partnership and effective relationship with your child. Skills on which we will focus will include problem solving, positive relationships, communication clarity, emotional control, partnership parenting, aggression resolution, and trauma resolution. Coursework covers cultural expectations and effect on our role development as men and women, trauma resolution, anger management, tuning into the feelings of your child, building new parenting patterns, effective communication skills, getting support as a parent, the parent partnership.
- Parenting curriculum will be presented in10 sessions over 11 weeks with a one week break.
- Cost per participant is $150, payable before the first class in a $50 registration fee and $50 at the first class and $50 at the sixth class.
- Each participant needs to complete a questionnaire. It can be done online (solumcommunity.net/parentquest) or over the phone with the a SOLUM representative one week prior to class. This is not processed until registration fee is received. This helps our team prepare for you.
- Each week, a report of attendance and non-attendance can be emailed to the person of your choosing.
- Classes will use a combination of instructor, video, discussion as they are workshop mode.
- Participants will have homework weekly and be expected to report and show progress at each class.
- An extensive full color, professional workbook and journal is required for each student and included in fees.
Who should attend?
- Dads, moms, grandparents, and couples. This is powerful parenting and grandparenting.
- Individuals and couples working to stay productive in the community and engage at new effective levels with children and co-parent.
- Adult and teen parents looking to improve relational skills
- Struggling with anger, guilt, shame, frustration management
- Adults and teens from socially imbalanced development
- Single parents
Tuesday Evening 7pm to 9pm
January 10th, April 4th, August 8th
Preregister BELOW or call 940-580-4887 or come by office. Once registered, we will send you a link to pay online or can pay in cash or check. You will then fill out a brief questionnaire to help our team prepare to serve you.
To pay right now and reserve your spot in class click RIGHT HERE
To pay registration and reserve your spot in class click RIGHT HERE
Phil Larson BS, MinA
Certified Trainer with National Center For Fathering
Trained/Approved Trainer Prep, Inc materials used.
Ordained minister with IPHC.
Phil’s cell/text 405.388.8037