Fixing Fractured Families is our passion. That starts with solid, evidence based Think! After completing that 90 day workshop, a parent is ready to go the next level.
Using the research and evidence based curriculum, On My Shoulders, you have the opportunity to build a powerful parent partnership and effective relationship with your child. Skills on which we will focus will include problem solving, positive relationships, communication clarity, emotional control, partnership parenting, aggression resolution, and trauma resolution. Coursework covers cultural expectations and effect on our role development as men and women, trauma resolution, anger management, tuning into the feelings of your child, building new parenting patterns, effective communication skills, getting support as a parent, the parent partnership.
- Parenting curriculum in a group is presented in 10 sessions over 11 weeks with a one week break.
- Parenting done 1-1 in the office is done in 14 one hour sessions.
- COMING BY END OF 2018 – Our team is developing an exciting online/onsite cooperative and interactive approach that allows for maximum flexibility. Many of our family clients are juggling and struggling through.
- Your cost per participant is $150 for each 90 day group workshop (Think! and On My Shoulders) payable before the first class in a $50 registration fee and $50 at the first class and $50 at the sixth class. Our cost is $650. Sponsors always welcome.
- Cost per participant is $300 total 1-1. Again our cost is much higher and partners are always needed.
- Each participant needs to complete a questionnaire. It can be done online (solumcommunity.net/parentquest) or over the phone with the a SOLUM representative one week prior to class. This is not processed until registration fee is received. This helps our team prepare for you.
- Classes will use a combination of instructor, video, discussion as they are workshop mode. Individual sessions have more discussion, but all the other components.
- Participants will have homework weekly and be expected to report and show progress at each class.
- An extensive full color, professional workbook and journal is required for each student and included in fees.
- We do support sliding scale and work-in-kind as ways to take care of fees.
Who should attend?
- Dads, moms, grandparents, and couples. This is powerful parenting and grandparenting.
- Individuals and couples working to stay productive in the community and engage at new effective levels with children and co-parent.
- Adult and teen parents looking to improve relational skills
- Struggling with anger, guilt, shame, frustration management
- Adults and teens from socially imbalanced development
- Single parents
Individual : Can start anytime. Intake with our director and START NOW.
Workshop: Tuesday Evening 7pm to 9pm
Start Dates: Scheduled as needed. 4 couples minimum.
Preregister BELOW or call 940-580-4887 or come by office. Once registered, we will send you a link to pay online or can pay in cash or check. You will then fill out a brief questionnaire to help our team prepare to serve you.
To pay right now and reserve your spot in class click RIGHT HERE
To pay registration and reserve your spot in class click RIGHT HERE
Phil Larson BS, MinA
Certified Trainer with National Center For Fathering
CBT training with Beck Institute
Trained/Approved Trainer Prep, Inc materials used.
Mental Health First Aid certified with National Institute of Behavioral Health.
Ordained minister with IPHC.
Phil’s cell/text 405.388.8037